Top 10 Restaurants in Chicago
Chicago is known as a foodie town with some of the best deep dish pizzas and hot dogs that America has to offer. Here's a list of the top restaurants in Chicago.
1. Au Cheval - Known for their delicious burgers and long lines, Au Cheval is at the top of the list. This burger is well worth the long wait. The restaurants opens at 11:00AM and closes at 1:00AM. I'd recommend getting there a little before 11:00AM to avoid the 3.5 hour afternoon wait! OR...you can download the NoWait app to put your name down ahead of time!
2. Giordano's - The go to place to get your deep dish fixing. The wait here can be long during dinner time and weekends, so I'd recommend going during the weekday for lunch. Also, they have a great selection of beer and a very Chicago-esque atmosphere.
3. Yolk - Looking for some comforting breakfast food that serves HUGE portions? Look no further as Yolk is a great breakfast spot. Once again the lines can get long, but they move fast here. Don't forget to try the Strawberry OJ!
4. Little Goat - An American diner serving up some of the best breakfast food out there with an accompanying pleasant decor to match. Bull's Eye French Toast, Korean Goat Burger, & their hash browns are just a snippet of Little Goat deliciousness.
5. Do-Rite Donuts & Chicken - Donuts & chicken seem like a weird combination to serve, but Do-Rite does right in this field. I'd get their juicy Spicy Chicken Sandwich and a couple of their signature donuts to go with it.
6. Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe - A breakfast place that also gets packed easily, but well worth the wait (or no wait if you use the NoWait app). Their breakfast combos are good deal as you can get hash browns, toast, or pancakes as a side (get the pancakes!).
7. Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria - Another deep dish pizza contender, Lou Malntati's Pizzeria has some great customer service with some even better deep dish pizza!
8. Portillo's Hot Dogs & Barnelli's Salad Bowl - If you want to try Chicago's hot dogs, come to Portillo's as this place serves some of the best hot dogs in town!
9. The Girl and the Goat - A high end restaurant with extraordinary food and signature cocktails. If you plan on eating at The Girl and the Goat, you'll need to make reservations months in advance.
10. Bang Bang Pie and Biscuits - Who doesn't like Biscuits and pies? Bang Bang Pie and Biscuits are really delicious and their staff are super friendly. Not sure which I like better, Chicago's Bang Bang Pie & Biscuits or Portland's Pine State Biscuits.
Volare Ristorante Italiano - If you're in Chicago, you gotta try Italian! At Volare, you'll get great Italian food with unbelieve waiters and top-notch service. My water was constantly getting refilled and never made it half way no matter how hard I tried, and our bread basket never ran empty.